Folgende Warnungen sind aufgetreten:
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 238 - File: inc/plugins/my_activity.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/plugins/my_activity.php 238 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 my_activity_postbit
/inc/functions_post.php 885 pluginSystem->run_hooks
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 238 - File: inc/plugins/my_activity.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 379 - File: inc/plugins/my_activity.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/my_activity.php 379 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 381 - File: inc/plugins/my_activity.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/my_activity.php 381 errorHandler->error_callback
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 379 - File: inc/plugins/my_activity.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] A non-numeric value encountered - Line: 381 - File: inc/plugins/my_activity.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

NFL DRAFT 2003

und dann noch das = die Diskussion um die zweite Draftrunde

Len Pasquarelli reports for ESPN.com the fastest "40" times at the recent NFL Combine belonged to: CB Kevin Garrett (SMU), 4.31; WR Tyrone Calico (Middle Tennessee State), 4.34; WR Bethel Johnson (Texas A&M), 4.37; RB Justin Fargas (Southern California), 4.38; CB Terence Newman (Kansas State), 4.38; CB B.J. Tucker (Wisconsin), 4.38; CB Dennis Weathersby (Oregon State), 4.38 and CB Drayton Florence (Tuskegee), 4.39.

According to Len Pasquarelli of ESPN.com, the Atlanta Falcons like Florida State WR Anquan Boldin in the NFL Draft. Word is the Atlanta personnel folks love Boldin's size (6-feet-0 5/8 and 216 pounds), and his ability to run after the catch, and feel he will run much faster in his campus workout then he did at the NFL Combine. The Falcons also like Tennessee WR Kelley Washington, another big pass catcher (6-feet-2½, 223 pounds), but a guy who hasn't played much football because of neck injuries.

da die QBs wahrscheinlich bei unserer rookie-draft im mittelpunkt stehen werden, mal eine etwas längere analyse:

Ranking the quarterbacks after the Combine
By Mike Wilkening
Feb. 25, 2003

So what did we learn about the quarterbacks at the Combine?

We learned USC’s Carson Palmer is still the odds-on favorite to be the No. 1 pick. We found out Marshall QB Byron Leftwich believes the questions about his right leg — a leg he’s broken twice — shouldn’t be held against him.

“I’ve also had the chicken pox twice, so I don’t know,” Leftwich said.

We also got to know California QB Kyle Boller, who has quite the arm, if you believe his claim that he can throw the ball from the 50-yard line through the goalposts — from his knees. Sadly, we did not learn whether Boller does birthdays and bar mitzvahs.

Improving his stock was Texas QB Chris Simms, who ran faster than teams expected, and threw well. Louisville QB Dave Ragone used the Combine to try to erase scouts’ memories of his Senior Bowl struggles and, by most accounts, performed well in Indianapolis. Florida QB Rex Grossman had an erratic workout, but his physical tools are still very intriguing.

Here is one reporter’s rankings of where the top five quarterbacks stack up after the Combine, with an early guess as to where each player may land.

1. Carson Palmer, USC

Palmer made no missteps at the Combine. He worked out, something he would have been forgiven for not doing, seeing that he was the consensus No. 1 pick coming in. Still, he took the risk.

“How many opportunities do you have to throw to the best fullbacks, the best running backs and the best wide receivers in the country?” he asked rhetorically. “It’s fun.”

A couple of scouts told PFW that Palmer was even better at the Combine than he was at the Senior Bowl, showing pinpoint accuracy throughout the workout.

The speculation is that Palmer will go No. 1. But will it be the Bengals who choose Palmer? The team is committed to Jon Kitna as its quarterback for 2003 but clearly must bring in a young prospect to groom behind him.

On the subject of what the Bengals could do with the first pick, Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said: “The one thing we don’t have to do is throw the guy out to the wolves right away. We don’t have to throw him into the fire this year, which would be a good thing, if indeed he is a quarterback.”

The Bengals have more pressing needs on the defensive side of the ball. And rest assured, if the team picks a defensive player with its first choice — Kansas State CB Terence Newman, perhaps — that player will be thrown into the fire.

The hunch here is that the Bengals would like to get out of this pick and let someone else take Palmer. But there’s no buzz yet about a mystery team coming in and talking trade with the Bengals. In any event, though, pencil Palmer in for the No. 1 pick.

2. Kyle Boller, California; 3. Byron Leftwich, Marshall

With the medical concerns about Leftwich's lower body, Boller takes over the No. 2 spot, which Leftwich fell into sometime near the end of the college season when Palmer overtook him. Questions about his hairline fracture in his left leg, as well as his ankles, must be cleared up before the draft if he is to be a high first-round pick.

Leftwich was adamant that he’ll be OK and that he will throw well at his pro day in April. When he’s healthy, he is a top-flight prospect. Remember, Leftwich was more highly regarded coming into this season than Palmer.

Boller was down the list of prospects coming into this season but made his move up with a stellar senior season. Boller didn’t throw at the Combine but is thought to have a very good arm. Boller’s athleticism is also intriguing; he ran a 4.58 40 at the Combine.

The question now is no longer if Boller will go in the first round, but where he’ll land. He’ll likely land anywhere from Carolina at No. 9 or Baltimore at No. 10 to Green Bay at No. 29.

Leftwich’s stock on Draft Day could mirror that of former Marshall QB Chad Pennington, who was thought likely to go to Pittsburgh at pick No. 9 but slid to the Jets lower in the first round.

“Chad just knew he was going to Pittsburgh,” Leftwich said at the Combine. “He knew he was going to be a Pittsburgh Steeler.”

4. Chris Simms, Texas

Simms helped himself at the Combine. He interviewed great, did well in the throwing drills and clocked in the 4.8 range in the 40.

Questions about his play in big games still dog Simms, but he is probably no worse than an early second-round pick at this point. Simms might draw a suitor at the end of the first round, with Green Bay at No. 29 an interesting possibility.

5. Rex Grossman, Florida

Grossman’s Combine got off to a great start when he measured at 6-foot-1. Some believed he was a tad shorter than that. Advantage, Grossman.

He received mixed reviews in the throwing drills, however. His arm strength is unquestioned, but his accuracy was scattershot at times. That said, word is that Grossman should go off the board about the same time that Simms goes.

Lurking just outside these five is Louisville QB Dave Ragone, who followed a terrible Senior Bowl with a very good Combine. He’s helped his stock but needs another good workout at his pro day to keep his momentum.

Ah, Big Mo. Ragone has it. So does Boller. Leftwich is gunning to get it back.

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste