Thema geschlossen
Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

[NSFF] Diskussionen

I got to admit that I wasn’t that familiar with the appropriate keeper and rookie rules. Therefore I am glad if you guys jump in and providing your expertise to revise if something wrong has happened.
But I want to point out and I am quite sure about it, that here is nobody in the league who is breaking the rules on purpose!

So I am 100% agree with the cancelation of the commissioner but I am not sure if it would be mandatory to issue a caution.
Cheers

Berlin Cowboys - NSFF Champion 2019
Berlin Cowboys - NSFF Champion 2017
Berlin Cowboys - NSFF Champion 2014
Berlin Cowboys - NSFF Champion 2013

@ skee: ich bekomms trotz deiner hilfe einfach nicht gebacken meine signatur zu ändern :crazy:

wie genau gehst du vor?

NSFF Champion 2011
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't see the purpose in punishing the players, especially in the first offseason of this keeper league. The rookie rule is becoming clearer to those that were previously unsure, so I would simply say there is only an enforcement of the rules once the keeper deadline is upon us. Also, I would agree with maximus13 that the rules need to be clarified and should not be enforced retroactively, but instead should be clarified, posted, and subsequently enforced after a decided upon date.

Finally, I see this as a way to artificially inflate the value of useless rookies. Backup TEs shouldn't be worth anything more than a 12th round pick, so why would a player in our league pay a 5th round (I'm just making up numbers here) to have the "right" to keep that useless player? I don't understand punishing a person for not wanting to keep a rookie...they have no advantage by only keeping 3 veterans.

Trophy Case
IDFL 2015, 2017, 2020
NSFF 2018, 2022

Exactly, there is quite simply no advantage by keeping no rookie!
On the other hand it could be a disadvantage for those guys who made trades in order to fulfil the rule. But I am agreeing with Chris regarding the point in holding rookie just as backups in order to shrink the range of rookies for upgrading draft positions.

There is currently an clear rule: every team has to keep exactly four players, one of them must be a rookie and maximum two of them of the same position. possible positions are QB, RB, WR and TE (no K and DEF). I don't know why anybody has a problem to understand this rule. I think, it's very simple and clear.

One sense of this rule is to boost the trades as in the current case. The only problem now was to find a way how to deal with a rule violation. I haven't defined any penalties in our rules, because it is a new league and we all can discuss any violation (as we do now) and the corresponding penalty for future cases.

Nobody wants to change a rule retroactively.

I'm sure, nikro will find a rookie due to a trade and there is no problem anymore in this season and for the next everybody knows the rule Wink

The other topic is to allow to no keep a rookie or generally to allow to keep less then four players. We can talk about it.

NSFF Champion 2011
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just a little remark: Before continuing to discuss things in this thread we might think about opening a new one. This thread "Diskussionen" has already more than 160 replies and houses different topics - a bit confusing... Let's open a new thread for each topic we want to discuss in the future.

You're right...

NSFF Champion 2011
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thema geschlossen

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
Letzter Beitrag von ranallo10
11.12.2023, 22:33

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste