Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

FUN: Colt McCoy Vows Revenge on Browns for Passing on Him in the 1st Round

April 29th 2010
Colt McCoy Vows Revenge on Browns for Passing on Him in the 1st Round

Texas quarterback Colt McCoy hoped to go among the top picks in the NFL Draft, but he fell all the way to the 3rd round and the 85th pick overall where the Cleveland Browns selected him. Now he has vowed revenge on those who passed on him. Especially the Browns.

"I was initially plotting my revenge on the other 31 teams who didn't pick me, but that seemed unrealistic," said McCoy. "I mean, even if I end up starting for the Browns one day, I may never play all 31 teams in my career. So I thought I'd narrow my revenge."

So that fell to the Browns, who passed over McCoy once in the first round and then two more times in the second.

"Why should I do them any favors?" said McCoy. "They didn't want me three times. Most teams only didn't want me twice. If anything, I should be more bent on revenge against the Browns. And I am."

McCoy says he will do everything in his power to bring the Browns organization down -- from causing a distraction off the field to playing poorly on the field.

"If I can help it, the Browns will never win a game," said McCoy. "They'll wish they never passed on Colt McCoy three times."

But Browns head coach Eric Mangini says he isn't concerned.

"Big deal," he said. "I don't think we have a player on this roster who doesn't seem committed to making us lose. If he wants to catch our attention, he should play well."

"People who work together will win, whether it be against complex Football Defenses,
or the problems of Modern Society." - Vince Lombardi

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste