Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

[NSFF] Diskussionen 2013

I discussed the proposals with Chris and we agreed that we will have polls on both topics,
but I want to give my view:

incorporate TE in the flex position:
I proposed this when Martin started the league. The reason to not include TEs was that the TE position could be weakened. If someone stock piles top TEs on his roster (eg. Gronk and Witten) this could leave someone with inferior TEs on his roster, causing an imbalance in the league. IMO stock piling TEs would weaken other positions on the roster but that's a matter of opinion.

replace the flex position with an additional RB and/or WR spot:
In my opinion the number of good RBs is too small to fill 3 starter spots in a 12 team league. A team has to deal with injuries and bye weeks and that is much easier done with a flex spot.

I will set up two polls coping with both proposals.

Das Erstellen von Abstimmungen ist zur Zeit wohl nicht möglich... die Forums-Admins kümmern sich drum...

As you can see from my response in each poll, both proposals were declined by the majority of the league. Only one owner did not respond to the polls. However, as a rule of thumb if 6 of our 12 owners disagree with a proposal we will not make the change.

Thanks to both Martin and Chucky for bringing these proposals to the table, and feel free to do it again in the future. This league is always open to growing to meet the desires of our owners, as long as the majority of owners support the change.

Trophy Case
IDFL 2015, 2017, 2020
NSFF 2018, 2022

Can we get the rule "0+ Recpts = 0.5 points for every 1 Recpt" for RB too?

Some RB like Sproles catch many balls and it mean nothing?!?!?!Confusedauer:

Ein Catch muss den gleichen Punktwert geben unabhängig von der Position, d.h. egal ob WR oder TE oder RB ...

AGS: Linden Lightnings *** CMax: Giant Dwarfs Linden *** NSFF: Red Mambas Hanover
= = =
Champion 2007 # 1 Niners Club

FlyingFrogs schrieb:Ein Catch muss den gleichen Punktwert geben unabhängig von der Position, d.h. egal ob WR oder TE oder RB ...

the RB get no points for a catch, only for yards per catch :confused: - that is now the rule :fluch:

i would like to change the rule :jump:

snowfox schrieb:Can we get the rule "0+ Recpts = 0.5 points for every 1 Recpt" for RB too?

This is the scoring system for our league as originally implemented by Martin. I'm sure he has his reasons for why this system was selected but to be fair it's been this way for 5 seasons and the scoring system has always been transparent...this shouldn't be a surprise for any owner.

Generally speaking I am hesitant to make changes to our scoring system because that is what defines a league. We are a PPR hybrid, RB doesn't score reception points. That's been our identity for 5 seasons.

snowfox schrieb:Some RB like Sproles catch many balls and it mean nothing?!?!?!

RBs get points for receiving yards.

In my opinion you could say it's fair considering RBs don't get points for every rushing attempt. The RBs who receive more passes generally produce more receiving yards, thus they don't need a second bonus for having more receptions than other RBs. If we gave points per reception then why not points per rushing attempt??

I think it works fine as it is.

2012 comparison without PPR:
Michael Turner (#17 RB): 803 RuYds, 128 RecYds, 11 total TDs (10 rushing) = 161.8 FPTS
Darren Sproles (#22 RB): 244 RuYds, 667 ReYds, 8 total TDs (1 rushing) = 142.6 FPTS

With PPR:
Sproles (75 receptions) = 180.1 FPTS
Turner (19 receptions) = 171.3 FPTS

Trophy Case
IDFL 2015, 2017, 2020
NSFF 2018, 2022

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
Letzter Beitrag von ranallo10
11.12.2023, 22:33
Letzter Beitrag von ranallo10
19.01.2023, 12:02